Assess yourself if you are sick with a respiratory illness
Seek health care provider assessment
You may benefit from an assessment by a health care provider. If these symptoms persist for more than 24 hours seek a medical assessment through:
- your primary care provider in Whitehorse;
- the nurse in your local health centre in rural Yukon;
- a nurse by calling 811; or
- your local emergency department.
If you see a health care provider in person for an assessment and they suspect your symptoms may be caused by COVID-19, they can order a lab-based PCR COVID-19 test if needed for clinical decision making.
Note: If you are eligible for Paxlovid, it can only be given:
- within 5 days of symptom onset; and
- after confirmatory lab-based PCR testing has been done.